Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

IP wireless webcam TRENDnet model TV-IP851WIC
By: LaraM
Topics: 12
Added: 05/10/2013 - 10:43 PM

Hello,
I need to configure this TRENDnet webcam model TV-IP851WIC but it doesn't work.

Is there anyone who uses this webcam, or similar TRENnet webcam? This is an IP wireless webcam.

Thanks.
Lara
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/12/2013 - 10:35 AM

What's the problem: can't get video? Or video okay but no PTZ? I have used a similar (older) TrendNET cam (TV-IP410 I think) and could probably dig up the video URL for it if you want.
Added: 05/12/2013 - 04:02 PM

Okay, rather than wait for your response I went and looked up the info for my TV-IP410. I can't guarantee this will work for your cam, but my 410 seems like it's pretty similar to your cam.

The video is an MJPEG stream. It's located at:

http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:Port/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi

I believe that "Port" is either 80 or 8080 by default. Should be easy to check in the cam's configs.

For PTZ you could start with the TV-IP410 profile that's pre-defined in AbelCam. It should(?) be close.
Added: 05/13/2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks, but doesn't work.

I receive the following error:

"Error in get_picture: Errore del server remoto: (404) Non trovato."

"Error in get_picture: remote server error: (404) Not found." Embarrassed
Added: 05/15/2013 - 09:25 AM

I looked around the Internet a bit. Seems like Trendnet uses a different video URL for just about every model. :-/ The people over at Zoneminder have compiled info for a lot of Trendnet cams but not your specific model yet. If you feel like experimenting, take a look here:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Trendnet

Note that if you're going to do "trial and error" it might be faster to type URLs into the address bar of a good browser (not IE) until you hit one that returns something better than a 404.

Alternatively, you could try opening up the camera's own "view video" web page and then use View Source in the browser (or FireBug) to see if you can spot the URL their viewer uses to obtain the video stream.
Added: 05/15/2013 - 01:15 PM

Thank you very much MelvinG.
I will follow your suggestion and if I found a solution I'll post here.