AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/03/2024 - 11:43 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Just getting started - How do I get it actually working?
By: MikeMc
Topics: 0
Added: 11/01/2010 - 09:08 PM

Firstly, thank you for making this software available in a free version. It is helpful to learn how to set up a web cam surveillance system without up front cost. Once learned I can decide whether or not it is worthwhile. Thank you for making that option available.

Secondly, I am having trouble getting started on the system. The version installed does not seem to contain a task scheduler. I may have missed it but I can't seem to get it to actually work to take regular cam shots.

Thirdly, it would be hugely helpful if you could add some tutorials about using the software to take regular cam shots and save them to a local folder. Again, I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Fourthly, Setting up the web server on a local port is very challenging for a newbie. I have a Telus Siemens SE67 Router. I have been waiting 30 minutes in a Telus support chat to get a rep to walk me through this process. It would be helpful if there were a lot more details on port forwarding etc..

Thanks for listening. I look forward to using your product as soon as I figure out how to get it working!
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/02/2010 - 07:13 AM

1) you're welcome. Glad to hear it's appreciated

2) The scheduler can be found in options. See Help Page for Scheduler. But you probably don't want the scheduler, but regular local saves, see Help Page for Local Save

3) Ok, will add this to the Tutorials when I have some time

4) The process required depends very much on your hardware/configuration. We're very much aware that the steps required may not be trivial, but a universal documentation is beyond the scope of AbelCam documentation. portforward.com is probably the best documentation available.