Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Ability to record videos in popular video formats
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 02/16/2010 - 03:13 PM

Hello,

As far as I understand Abelcam only takes snapshot in JPEG which can be converted in MJPEG (motion JPEG) for viewing.

I would like the Abelcam to have the ability to save local video files (AVI/WMV/MP4/MOV) in any of the selected formats based on certain triggers (time/motion detection/etc).

Flash based video streaming or recording would also be useful since FLV is an effective streaming format over limited bandwidth, especially in case when Abelcam is accessed via Mobile based devices.

An option to auto delete/archive the videos/pictures based on their time/date would also be nice so the hard disk eventually does not gets stuffed up from continuous recording.

These are some feature which I can see in other comparable programs, however AbelCam also has its own uniqueness.

Thanks and Regards.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/17/2010 - 03:43 AM

AVI / WMV save with triggers is implemented, please see the Wiki Page about this
By: SeanFi
Topics: 19
Added: 03/29/2010 - 12:07 AM

From sse:
AVI / WMV save with triggers is implemented, please see the Wiki Page about this

I keep getting many errors on video capture messages and I have no preview of the video window.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/02/2010 - 01:23 PM

Sean, please use one of the latest beta releases - Video Saving has been improved a lot.
The TyCapture capture interface now supports saving videos in various formats.