AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/05/2024 - 01:40 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

How to setup the basic WebServer to view Still Pics or the Live Camera Motion Streams
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 01/17/2010 - 10:30 AM

Hello ,

I am novice. I have downloaded and installed free licenses of AbelCam 3.2.2 running on Windows XPO Sp3. I am connected to the internet via DSL connected to the Linksys router in bridge mode. I am using PS3eye camera with latest CL-eye 4.xx.x drivers. The camera is detected fine and I have configured some basic settings for the camera.

I need to configure a simple webserver to be able to view my home webcam still pictures and the live camera motion streams. I have enabled the webserver and have defined the internal and external ports as 6666 in the Abelcam configuration.

However when I open my browser to http://localhost:6666 I cannot see anything and the browser page failure message appears (Firefox/IE 7) . I have even tried setting up port forwarding on Linksys router of all external ports on 6666 to land at my static internal LAN IP address on the same port 6666. Even then there is no success.

Can anyone guide me how to do a complete Webserver setup and what the steps involved.

Thanks in advance.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/18/2010 - 09:46 AM

Make sure you uncheck / recheck then Web Server Checkbox after changing the port.
While you can change the configuration of the port with the box checked ( = web server active ), the changes will only be activated when the webserver has been restarted.