Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

License and new notebook
By: LucO
Topics: 0
Added: 12/05/2009 - 05:30 PM

Hello,
I have 2 license for Abelcam, one is a professional license and I use it on my dektop computer, the 2nd is a free license I use on my old notebook.

Now I need to change my old notebook (the one with the free license),so I donwload from abelcam the sw and installed it on my new laptop.
However I'm not able to send the request for a new license, the field in which I need to imput my data are not active.
In which way can i active abelcam on my newnotebook ?
thanks
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/05/2009 - 09:14 PM

Assuming that you're not using AbelCam anymore on your old laptop, just copy over the whole AbelCam configuration folder onto the new laptop.
You don't need a new license (if you're not going to use both AbelCams at the same time).
Added: 12/06/2009 - 10:20 AM

Thank for you reply,

Is not possible to have a fesh installation of Abelcam on the new notebook? with the old one I have problems to use it (the notebook).
I have the old free license key, but I can use it because the new installation of abelcam don't allow me to input the key.
The field in the configuration page are blocked.
Added: 12/06/2009 - 11:24 AM

Of course you can create a fresh installation - in that case, just copy license.txt and config.xml

The entry fields are enabled once you enter meaningful information for name (both full first and last name) and email address.
Added: 12/06/2009 - 12:32 PM

Hi sse,

my problem is that I'm not able to input, in the new notebook, in Abelcam the information about my name and the email address because the field in Configuration panel are blocked, I can't write in these fields...
Added: 12/06/2009 - 03:30 PM

Behaviour of the text entry fields and the request button depend on the information entered or found on disk.
I don't know what you copied over before starting AbelCam on the new laptop.
Probably the information present now is a mix of copying and/or entering information in the program.
If you do have a AbelCam configuration folder on that system rename it and try again.

When there is no previous configuration information present, it won't behave like that.
If you have partial information (eg licence.txt is there but no matching config.xml), behaviour may be strange.
By: LaraM
Topics: 12
Added: 12/06/2009 - 04:14 PM

I unistall and re-install abelcam, it works but I'm not able to send the data for a free license (this is the problems of the blocked field).

If you agree I send you a screenshot of the configuration panel...

Added: 12/07/2009 - 06:46 PM

Ok, email me a screenshot and your configuration as shown on the support page