New Features

- Changed TPZ test area
- Saves and restores camera position and zoom

Download Address here
By: DennisLa
Topics: 81
Added: 05/10/2006 - 10:48 PM

Hi Stefan,

The new Zoom control decided to mis-behave for me today.
It began zooming in and out on it's own accord. (Sounds quite silly dont it! lol)
It was after I changed the max zoomlevel from 2 to 4 I tried changing the zoom using the elevator that it all started.
At that time the elevator began moving back and forth on it's own actually zooming the image in and out on it's own. I was unable to catch the elevator control to stop it. The program required a restart. After playing with the control a bit I found this condition quite easy to reproduce and difficult to get under control.

Dennis
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/11/2006 - 05:48 AM

I bet you have used driver zoom - there's a race condition...
I did not have much time for testing yesterday Undecided
By: RaW
Topics: 19
Added: 05/11/2006 - 07:08 AM

Hello Stefan,

I have looked at the save and preset camera position but either I have some (hardware?) problems or you have some work to do. Cry

When I restart the program the camera doesn't move to the last position but points to a position at the utmost left of the camera range.
As far as I can see the program also doesn't remember the last zoom adjustments. I've seen it's now possible to have a decimal point in the min-max zoom fields. Cheesy

Another thing with the new version I myself do not like is the new way to position the camera with the "matrix"-like position controls.

It is very difficult now to position the camera because you cannot see where you are pointing at. Maybe it is possible to have a "live" picture in the matrix so you can see where you are pointing at.

I am curious how other users experience this new way of controlling the camera position.

Ron
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/11/2006 - 12:31 PM

To improve feedback on positioning, I added a small preview on the Devices window.
LogiSphere 1.5.8
The other issues regarding zooming have been adressed as well,
Preset on startup works well here - please for some more feedback on that.

When 'Restore on Startup' is checked, everime the TPZ device is activated, it
should 'home' first, then go to the stored position. (not obvious when pos 0,0 is stored Wink)
By: RaW
Topics: 19
Added: 05/11/2006 - 04:35 PM

Stefan,

I don't know what I did yesterday evening, but the preset at startup works fine now.
So no issue at the moment.

Ron