Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere is going to control RC servos
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/28/2006 - 10:37 AM

I am working on support for the Parallax Servo Controller.

If my plans become reality, both the USB and the serial Servo Controller (Parallax Stock #28823 and #28023) will be supported. One controller supports up to 16 servos, two of them can be chained together.

With servo support, any camera could be used as a tilt/pan camera.

It's not an easy job - it's not only the LogiSphere that needs to support the controller, there are also java applets to be written to control the servos position from a web page.

Let me know what exciting projects you will do with the servos controlled by LogiSphere to encourage a speedy implementation Cheesy

By: ScottM
Topics: 0
Added: 05/09/2006 - 11:18 PM

the possibilities only begin when you do something like that... using servos to control a robot with a camera on top, and the camera with it's own motion... im temped to buy the servo control board just because you program would support it. can't wait... maybe i'll use it for a project in my classes. hmm, now to just find money to pay for classes and electronics parts.
By: KrasiM
Topics: 1
Added: 07/11/2006 - 02:08 PM

Very good idea Steven!
With that functionality any one can control motorized doors, satellites, and so on....
By: godfrey
Topics: 13
Added: 07/13/2006 - 02:27 PM

Sounds like the perfect solution to controlling the robotic arm you currently own, SSE
By: ByronB
Topics: 0
Added: 10/02/2006 - 01:35 AM

I agree this is what my robot and its distributed network needs. I have one mobile bot with a servo head and arm and several stationary platforms arround the house that could use the servo system.

Any comment on using python to interface with the system?
Thank for the great work

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/25/2007 - 08:27 AM