Added: 01/20/2006 - 06:54 PM

Changes:

- details here and there, I have not kept an exact record

Fixes:

- internal browser is more flexible, on failure external browser is called
- minimizing and popup with internal browser does not detach the browser window
- zoom 1 now shows the whole picture

Known Bugs:

- on some systems the internal browser is not working, don't know yet what is the reason. If the Admin button calls a external browser, please let me know and tell me what browser / version you use

- external browser should be detected, recent versions of IE don't accept
name and password in the URL

- Error messages show at the bottom only - not a very good place

Please append feedback about this version to this thread

By: MichaelA
Topics: 8
Added: 01/31/2006 - 09:45 PM

I tried very hard posting my question in "Questions and Answers" for members, but did not have access (only anonymous access). Perhaps, it is better to post here since this is something that could possibly be added to LogiCam beta... Please forgive me for posting here....

Currently, LogiCam/LogiSphere unecessarily utilizes significant CPU power when NO viewers/users are present.

It makes much more sense to trigger video/audio capturing&streaming when somebody visits the web site which requests video/audio content.

I realize that with this suggested method may add a 1-2 second delay to initialize video capture and streaming, but that's worth it for MANY people who cannot afford to dedicate an entire PC to LogiCam.

The only reason I can see that CPU cycles are "required" consistently is during video motion detection and during FTP upload.

Is it possible to convince you to please consider adding a check box/feature to "Enable video/audio push ONLY when viewers are present"

This is the main reason why I haven't started using Logicam yet.

Thanks so much for your effort to improve your product!

-Michael