Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere Installation Bug
By: KhoaT
Topics: 5
Added: 01/15/2006 - 12:51 AM

Hello,

First of all, great work on LogiSphere 1.2. Everything works cleanly and effectively. It's by far the best and most full featured piece of software I've seen for the Logitech cameras.

I just wanted to report a minor installation defect. As of recently, Microsoft allowed users to upgrade to .NET framework 2.0 via Windows Update. I did so before installing LogiSphere and found that the installation program didn't think I had .NET installed at all and refused to install. It must have been checking for .NET 1.x existence.

As a workaround, I uninstalled .NET 2.0, reinstalled .NET 1.1, installed LogiSphere, then updated to .NET 2.0 again. LogiSphere works fine with .NET 2.0.

Thanks,
Khoa Ton
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/16/2006 - 07:25 PM

Thank you for reporting the problem.

There is not much I can do about it right now - there's not much to configure for the installation,
and the .NET detection is fully depending on what Microsoft prepared.

Maybe in the future there's going to be a .NET 2.0 version, if I can keep the same code base for both
versions. I don't want to force people to upgrade to 2.0 just to install this application.

Stefan
By: KhoaT
Topics: 5
Added: 01/16/2006 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the response, Stefan.

Just to clarify, LogiSphere 1.2 works perfectly with .NET 1.1, as well as .NET 2.0. It's just that if a user has .NET 2.0, LogiSphere's installation program stops the installation unnecessarily. I'm pretty sure .NET 2.0 is backwards compatible with .NET 1.1, so all your .NET code will work unmodified with .NET 2.0. This is verified in my installation because after the installation workaround in the original post, I removed .NET 1.1 completely, and LogiSphere works fine with just .NET 2.0.

I just don't want users to ignore the wonderful LogiSphere program just because of a small installation problem.

Khoa