Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

ftp upload not automatic.
By: ChuckJ
Topics: 10
Added: 05/04/2012 - 03:43 AM

I recently had to reformat my computer and when all of my programs were up and running I got ablecam last and all works fine except the ftp upload to wunderground will only work once if I use the test button after ablecam has been restarted.
It will not upload again. everything else works. I can see a live stream on the server. It is saving a picture as usual to my harddrive but will not upload to been seen on my weather page. all worked fine before the reformat.
any Ideas?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/04/2012 - 02:39 PM

I haven't heard any reports of bugs in the FTP upload feature in a long time. So I'm guessing it's settings-related.

Is it just not trying to upload? Or does it try and fail? If it tries and fails, what message(s) shows up in the log?
Added: 05/04/2012 - 03:09 PM

This morning I had my audio service not starting so I restored back 2 days and that was fine . So when ablecam started it uploaded 1 image to wunderground. the messages say it is saving and image to my harddrive and uploading every minute but the images are not in the folder the first image that was uploaded is in. I even searched for the file name given in the messages but got nothing. I try the test button which has always worked in the past and I do not get a message at all neither pro or con.
Added: 05/04/2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm hoping somebody else can contribute some ideas to this thread - I'm no FTP expert. I did just run a test on my own system though: I set one cam to upload an image with time-based name to an off-site ftp server every 15 seconds. It worked fine and I didn't do anything special.

Part of the problem with diagnosing FTP is that there are so many different variations of FTP servers. For my test I was using sFTP (kinda like ftpd and ssh munged together) because that's all the off-site system supports (no plain old FTP allowed).
Added: 05/05/2012 - 12:11 AM

When it saves and uploads the first image when started shows everything is set right but no more after that is the issue. What makes it automatic other than an interval set time?
Added: 05/05/2012 - 01:44 AM

Set an interval, check the box, that's the basics to make it work. Also make sure FTP Motion Detection did not get turned on somehow.

You need to consider whether or not to turn on "time based name" - depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If time based name is off, every time it uploads it uses the same file name, IOW it overwrites the previous file every time.

On the limits tab everything should be un-checked. It's that way by default but if something got checked maybe the limits housekeeping functions are wiping out your uploads.

When you are looking at the FTP configs there's a little section at the bottom: "Latest Save". Are you seeing activity displayed there?
Added: 05/05/2012 - 03:27 AM

yes I am seeing the activity and in the messages it showed imaged saved and uploaded but it did neither, nothing on my hard drive or updated on the site.

I uninstalled with revo and reinstalled. This time more windows as to activity during the install showed up and now it is working as it should.

It must have gotten corrupted at it's first install last Saturday.
Added: 05/06/2012 - 03:11 AM

That's strange... but I'm glad to hear it's working now. I was running out of ideas!