Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Lorex Wireless IP Camera (LNZ4001i)
By: MikeDs
Topics: 37
Added: 03/01/2012 - 06:26 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I was going to add this to my thread on the Panasonic C230A but thought it's better to have two different models in different threads, especially since the original thread had the model number in it.

Anyway, I abandoned my attempt to get the Panasonic to wirelessly connect to my network. It just wouldn't work.

The Lorex LNZ4001i conneceted via ethernet and wireless, with no difficulty. I'm not crazy about thier software and want to use it with AbelCam. However, I can't seem to configure AbelCam to make it work.

Perhaps I'm not setting it up correctly. When I click ADD camera, I'm given a few types. I don't specifically see anything for the camera. So, I assume I'll have to treat it like a web vide.

So, I selected the Web Video option and IP Camera from the list. Is this correct so far? I add the URL that I use with the Lorex SW, and specify the port.

Then, while in the configuration window, there is a button to TEST the connection. That's where I get stuck. It always fails to connect so I can't add the camera.

I must be missing something here. I know this isn't much information but can someone walk me through this barney-style? Shocked

Assuming I get past the first problem, I can setup my camera to send MJPEG, MPEG4. When I'm using the Lorex SW, only MPEG4 sends audio, so that's what I'm using for now. Is it normal that MJPEG wouldn't send audio? What compressions does AbelCam support that also include audio?
Added: 03/01/2012 - 08:14 PM

I think I'm onto a cause but not sure the solution. When I enter the URL to the web video, I'm just entering a folder locations. the URL ends in /. All that does is return the entire index page, which might not be what AbelCam is expecting.

I believe the URL for this web video stream needs to be some program name, that returns the video stream. But I'll be dang if I can figure out how to find that name. The software in the camera is javascript. I have viewed the index. html file, to see if I can find the name of the function that returns the video stream, to embed in their web page. But I can't see it. All I see are *.png, *.gif and such. Nothing that stands out as a function call to return a video stream.

I have also looked at some of the javascript files, in the scripts folder, on the camera but can't find the name. Embarrassed

I see a section that references Ajax as follows:

<!-- page contents -->
<div id="ajaxcontentarea" class="contentstyle" style="background-color:#E0E0E0;">

</div>
<!-- End page contents -->
But there is nothing there. I suspect the area is being filled by some other function. Right below that there is this:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<script>document.write(camera.tindex1);</script>
</table>

Am I on to the right solution? Any idea how to determine the end of the URL, to return the streaming video? The program is called Interestingly AbelCam reports "no frames received" which seems to support my belief that none are being sent. Frin

Thanks,
Mike
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/02/2012 - 06:37 PM

I know it can be hard to find the URL for JPEG or motion JPEG.
When testing URLs in AbelCam, make sure you select JPEG or Motion JPEG.
You may try them in a browser first, Firefox, Chrome and others show JPEG and Motion JPEG (NOT the Internet Explorer).

A good way to find a JPEG URL is to look for a 'shot' URL - if a image opens with a still image, that image is what you're looking for.

If you can't manage to figure out the correct URL, you can give me access to your camera and I'll try to figure it out.
Added: 03/02/2012 - 08:01 PM

The options I have for setting the camera are:

IP Ports (Web):http: 9000 mp4: 9090 mjpeg: 9070
IP Ports (RTSP): mp4: 554 3gp: 8554

Of course the actual port numbers can be changed, but these are the defaults.

So, it's looking like I can use:
http://(my address)Sadone of these ports)/(some_file)

depending on what type of return I want. It's the part after the final "/" that is giving me fits.

When I use: http://(my address):9000/index.html, I get the Lorex canned web page. If I use: http://(my address):9070, I would expect to receive mjpeg. But do I need a file at the end?

I'll send the camera information.
Added: 03/02/2012 - 10:58 PM

Ok, I got the path I need for my Lorex camera. Another member emailed me the proper link and setup needed. Thanks.