AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/26/2024 - 01:34 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Panasonic BL-230A - Will it work with AbelCam?
By: MikeDs
Topics: 37
Added: 02/28/2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm looking at the Panasonic BL-230A wireless (wi-fi) WebCam. Will this or any wi-fi webcam work with AbelCam? Will the PTZ work? I need to mount a camera away from my computer and can't run cables.

If it will not, are there any wi-fi cameras that will work with AbelCam?

Thanks,
Mike
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/28/2012 - 07:37 PM

Any IP camera which provides JPEG and/or MJPEG images can be used in AbelCam, no matter if Wifi or wired.

I have not tested the BL-230A, but the BB-HCM311 and the BB-HCM735 both work in AbelCam.
Maybe the IP PTZ configuration needs to be adjusted to work with this camera.

If I have access to the camera I can support you with that.
By: MikeDs
Topics: 37
Added: 02/29/2012 - 05:40 PM

For some reason, I can't get the 230A to connect via wifi Sad Research shows that many others have the same problem with theirs. I'm thinking I'll switch to something else. Eventually, I want to get a high end video camera, with optical zoom but for now, I'm just testing.

Something else I might try is to use my Logitec with some sort of wifi bridge. I could even use the 230A via the bridge, since the ethernet part connects ok. That way, I can connect the wired camera to the bridge and use it that way. Think that would work ok? I know they have ethernet to wifi bridge but not sure about USB to wifi bridge.

For some reason, I can't get the 230A to connect via wifi Sad Research shows that many others have the same problem with theirs. I'm thinking I'll switch to something else. Eventually, I want to get a high end video camera, with optical zoom but for now, I'm just testing.

Something else I might try is to use my Logitec with some sort of wifi bridge. That way, I can connect the wired camera to the bridge and use it that way. Think that would work ok? I know they have ethernet to wifi bridge but not sure about USB to wifi bridge.

PS: what is the low light capability of the BB-HCM735. The 230A is very poor in low light and the resolution is pathetic. How are these on the 735?

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/29/2012 - 08:06 PM

Read the specs for the BB-HCM735. Low light is ok, although quite grainy.
Beware: the full resolution does not offer all features. I run mine at 640x480