Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Scheduler for reread devices
By: ShinichiroTa
Topics: 3
Added: 11/01/2011 - 03:40 PM

I am using a usb camera connected with SX-DS-3000WAN (a Silex adapter between USB and WiFi). It is often disconnected for some reasons, and is reconnected automatically. AbelCam cannot detect that fail status. Then the camera is removed. The selfcheck function does not work. I have to command "reread devices" and "add camera" to work the camera again.
I want the function of scheduler for reread device.
If I could use the function, I would be free for maintaining the camera status.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/01/2011 - 06:42 PM

Or simply make Self Check do a Reread Devices as part of trying to recover failed cameras.

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/01/2011 - 07:32 PM

Optional?
Added: 11/01/2011 - 08:08 PM

Optional, similar to the Remove and Re-add option I think.
Added: 11/02/2011 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for your considering.
Upgrading Self Check function is better. But there are some difficulties to work well, I think.

Abelcam cannot detect as failed when a camera is disconnected. Self Check has to detect disconnected cameras.

It takes a short time to re-connect the camera. Abelcam has to continue rereading devices until the camera is coneccted.

Any good idea?
Added: 11/03/2011 - 02:47 AM

SelfCheck reads images in intervals and compares them. A camera is not working correctly if the camera does not delivery any image or if the images are equal.
So why do you think SelfCheck cannot detect a failed camera?

"Reconnecting takes a short time" - how long is this?
Added: 11/03/2011 - 05:35 AM

SelfCheck actually does not detect it in my system. SelfCheck recognizes that the disconnected camera is just removed instead of failed. It seems as the USB cable is disconnected physically by a person or the camera is removed by Remove Camera command.

Reconnecting takes about 5 or 10 seconds.
Added: 11/03/2011 - 06:57 AM

Ok, I see. In this case we need a option for the camera not to be removed when the USB device is gone.

10 seconds is no problem, SelfCheck can wait that long as a normal SelfCheck interval is much longer.
Added: 11/03/2011 - 09:40 PM

For what it's worth I've never liked that devices disappear out of the Device List when unplugged. To my way of thinking it should be up to the user to decide (e.g. use the Remove Cam button) when a device no longer belongs in the list. If a running device is unexpectedly unplugged it should fail but not disappear, IMO.
Added: 11/04/2011 - 04:00 PM

Ok, I will implement the necessary changes and hope to have them ready for testing within a week.
Added: 11/07/2011 - 07:22 PM

Shinichiro, I had some time today and implemented a possible solution for the above scenario.
Please see Issue 379 and see if it helps.