Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Can't get all cameras to work
By: KelvinMa
Topics: 5
Added: 05/09/2011 - 12:29 PM

I'm having a weird problem where I have three camera licenses for three webcams. One is a Logitech Orbit MP, the other two are a couple of basic vga resolution cameras running under the Vimicro USB2.0 UVC driver. For some reason I cannot seem to get all three working at the same time.
I was using just two cameras(the logitech and one of the VGA cams) for awhile successfully and decided to add a third. After purchasing and entering the new license key, I was able to add the 3rd webcam to the cameras screen, but when I try and enable it the Cam control and Camera entry name stay orange and never turn green.
I've found if I disable the video on one of the two working cameras, I can get the third to work(so there's nothing wrong with the camera), but never all three at once. Anyone have any idea what might cause this?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/09/2011 - 07:17 PM

Make sure all licenses are entered correctly. The About screen shows the number of licenses available.

If you don't see enough cameras enabled, make sure you entered the camera licenses correctly - don't forget the line feed after the last license.
By: KelvinMa
Topics: 5
Added: 05/09/2011 - 09:56 PM

From sse:
Make sure all licenses are entered correctly. The About screen shows the number of licenses available.

If you don't see enough cameras enabled, make sure you entered the camera licenses correctly - don't forget the line feed after the last license.

Yes, I did check this. The About screen indicates 3 licenses as expected. I've been continuing to mess around with it and had something weird thing happen. I was going into the camera config screens and changing the resolutions to see if that would make any difference. I believe I disabled the Use Cam on the Logitech and had the two VGA cams working. When I left the Logitech's config screen, I pressed the Cam button and all three cameras were working! I ran it for awhile like that and did a File|Save. Then I restarted AbelCam to see if I could reproduce it and... no dice. When the program restarted, only 2 cams were working and going through the same sequence of moves didn't seem to work the 2nd time.

By: GormH
Topics: 24
Added: 05/23/2011 - 09:23 AM

You cannot run more than 2 USB cam on one USB controller because use of bandwidth. You must add one more USB card controller and you can run 2 more USB cam. You can get them cheap on Ebay. B.Rgds. Gorm