Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

X10 Support for AbelCam Service
By: JosephFe
Topics: 1
Added: 01/31/2011 - 09:09 AM

When running AbelCam (not service) I can pull up my X10 cameras and using the X10 plug-in change between them. When using the service only (and logging on to the webpage) it won't actually display the X10 feed. Accessing the X10 Plugin on the web page only displays the "A" house code. My camera's are not on A so I can't even try manually turning them on/off with that. I'm also concerned that this means the service isn't actually monitoring any of the camera's in order to record the video. Am I accurate in this concern?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 01/31/2011 - 01:16 PM

The X10 web pages are in c:\program files\abelcam\plugin\web\X10plugin if your installation is done using default paths. abel_x10.html can be edited to display and operate on any house code you like. Take a look at the code - it's a matter of search/replacing "A" with "x" (quotes included) where x is your desired house code.

See also the extensive comments in the 2 html files that have "sample" in their name.

Not knowing which flavor of X10 cams you have, I can't really answer the rest of your concerns. How is the video from those cams getting into the computer? USB? Analog thru a capture card? Or ??