Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

FTP file 0 bytes or not copied
By: KenCa
Topics: 6
Added: 12/14/2010 - 03:52 PM

Hello folks,

Here is error msg I get when trying to ftp...

NumBytesToUpload: 6133 restartNext: 0 ModeZ: 0 BinaryMode: 1 Passive transfer mode EPSV_reply: 229 ENTERING EXTENDED PASSIVE MODE (|||21746|) hostAddr: 192.168.7.100 DataConnect: hostname: 192.168.7.100 port: 21746 SetupPassiveDataSocket: Elapsed time: 0 millisec command: STOR FilenameQP: upload/cam1/test1.jpg
DataConnectionReady: Elapsed time: 0 millisec StorResponse: 553 Could not create file. STOR failed Filename: upload/cam1/test1.jpg FtpResponse24: 553 Could not create file.
14:56:04 FTP Upload to 192.168.7.100 as lakecam on port 21 failed, Error File either not uploaded or size = 0

I am trying to ftp to a UNIX system in a internal network... I have 2 other cams running xp and webcam32 that work perfect...

If I can get your software to work I would gladly register it.... the paid version so I can legal run software 24x7. Am trying to get your cam software to work on a new HP system with windows 7.

Any suggestions?

whonoes

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/14/2010 - 05:11 PM

Hello Ken

a file name must not contain the / character. You should configure the path in the path entry field.

See the FTP help page
Added: 12/15/2010 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for your suggestion but that is not the problem... all is set up correctly as far as path and filename are concerned in the settings... the error msg prints it out combined.

at a loss here on how to fix.

Sad
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 12/16/2010 - 02:56 AM

I don't use AbelCam's FTP on a regular basis, but I turned it on here for a few minutes after I read this thread. I can confirm that FTP isn't broken - it works here, uploading to an off-site UNIX box (hosting account).

I can produce a similar (not quite identical though) error message by setting the path incorrectly. "Correctly" versus "incorrectly" is a rather messy subject since it obviously depends a lot on the config of the FTP server. All I can suggest is playing with variations of the Path, paying special attention to what your FTP home directory is on the server. Wild guess: you may not need the "uploads/" part of the path. Wild guess 2: maybe you need "~user/" ahead of "uploads/".
Added: 12/17/2010 - 03:53 PM

Thanks MelvinG!

Shocking to me as with other ftp cam programs ie webcam32 I just put upload/cam2 and all works... With AbleCam I have to spell out more of the path. NOT exactly like this but had to add /home/username/upload/cam1

All is working now

Thanks!

Smile!