AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/03/2024 - 07:15 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

AbelCam ver 4.0.0. Configuration not saved.
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 11/28/2010 - 03:02 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit. 8GB RAM, AbelCam ver 4.0.0. having 2 camera licenses.

It was working fine, untill recently I have noticed that AbelCam configuration is not getting saved. Any changes I make in any of the options or camera configuration are not saved, no matter how many times I click the "Save As" or Save button from the main menu.

Any idea what could be the reason.

Thanks.

==============================
EDIT:
Problem Solved
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/29/2010 - 12:05 PM

Could you please let us know how you solved the problem?
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 12/01/2010 - 09:42 AM

There were 2 problems :

First:

It was actually related to the saved position of the PTZ cameras. Apparently after a restart the PTZ cameras always return to their default positions and not the saved positions (direction). This was making me wonder if the settings are not been saved properly.

I was overlooking a (maybe a new) check box in the bottom of the screen , which needs to be marked if I need the cameras to come to saved position at every program start/restart.

Hence it was solved.

Second:

It is still outstanding, that in the options dialog box for setting up the Web Server (for remote viewing of the camera) I do assign a name in the field "body<>/body" and save the configuration, however everytime I restart the program the value entered is not saved and always reverted to the default value.

Same thing happens for other fields and checkboxes sometimes in the Web Server and other options dialog box. I always press the save button after changing any settings.

It is still unresolved.

Thanks.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/01/2010 - 10:08 AM

Syed, thank you for this follow up.

There is no save button to save the program configuration.
The camera configuration save button only saves the configuration for the camera you're configuring.

To save the program configuration, use the File/Save menu entry ( or Ctrl-Shift-S ).

To verify if the configuration has been saved, check the file date/time of config.xml in the configuration folder.

In config.xml there's also a time stamp, it is located at the bottom and looks like this:
<configchangedutc>2010-12-01T07:42:27.2605349Z</configchangedutc>

To access the configuration folder, click on Configuration Folder text link in the About Screen