Announcements
Latest Topics

No internet connection detected
By: LucaOr
Topics: 0
Added: 10/02/2010 - 03:57 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Hello,

I installed abelcam on one of my lan computer, we have also an internet connection with router however in the abelcam message panel I receive the following message:

"15:44:29 Started webserver on port 8080
15:44:31 15:44:31 closed server port
15:44:31 No internet connection detected"

I was able to enable the web-server, but with "my abelcam on internet" I can tick the option because the box is not active, als the user password box is not active.

The only need I have is to view the webcam with other computer of my lan, to send email on motion detection on my phone and to admin the webcam from antoher computer with the option server-admin.
Can you suggest me what I need to active in order to use these features ?

Another problem is that after 30 minutes Abelcam stop to work also if I have a free licence.

thanks
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 10/03/2010 - 12:28 AM

First things first... at the router you need to have Port 8080 forwarded to the machine that is running AbelCam. That should fix most or all of your problems. If it doesn't, try using a different port (some ISPs now block 8080).

I believe that Internet access is required for the free license to work correctly.
Added: 10/03/2010 - 03:56 PM

It's difficult for us to work on the router.
Internet access is required also for the professional license ?
Added: 10/04/2010 - 06:52 AM

According to This Document, no Internet access is required for Pro. For comparison of license types and requirements take a look HERE (more accurate than me trying to answer from memory ;-) )
Added: 10/04/2010 - 03:49 PM

Hi MelvinG I need another info before to buy the pro-license.

I'd like to know if, in your opinion, the "problem" I found with the free license "no internet connection", due to my router, can create some problems with the e-mail alert function (motion detection).

Thanks.
Added: 10/04/2010 - 04:22 PM

I was thinking about this some more... There is actually no reason you should have to forward a port for the free license to work. Something else is wrong. Are you positive that the PC you run AbelCam on is correctly set up on the network?? E.g. are Default Gateway and DNS Servers set right? Can you surf the web and send/receive email from the AbelCam machine? If not, you need to fix that before anything is going to work.

If you are able to send/receive email from the machine using Outlook or Thunderbird (or whatever) then sending email from AbelCam should work. Probably the best thing for you to do is to configure the email settings in AbelCam and then use the Test button to try sending a test email to your phone. If it does not work, there is something wrong with your network setup because the email test 1) is not affected by which license you have, 2) does not require you to open any ports at the router.