Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Scheduler theory
By: SeanGa
Topics: 15
Added: 08/26/2010 - 08:35 PM

Hello,

Looking for some input on an extended feature I'd like to implement. I'm curious if any "event" hook is available in AbelCam today. Example - On motion detection, spawn another process with passed in variables (possibly using the Scheduler?)

My end-goal is to be able to inject EXIF data into a JPEG image that was created off Motion detection. Putting the name of the .WMV that has captured video of this Motion as well. This way I could look at all my motion still pictures and then click on any of them to get the related 30 second video/audio of what was going.

My initial thought is to use PHP-EXIF to get the data into the JPEG. Then tie it all together with a PHP Picture Gallery script for viewing the stills and related video from a web browser.

Another thought is to occasionaly/schedule a comparison of my image time-stamps with my video time stamps and try to correlate the "closest" time between the two. Seems like a margin of error would exist here. And the length and time of video would need to be folded into the equation.

Ideas welcome, with Thanks.

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/27/2010 - 05:06 AM

Nothing comes to mind for triggering your process on motion detection - within the existing scheme of things. There has been talk about expanding the capabilities of the plugin interface in the future. Perhaps that expansion can include support for the plugins exposing a function that AbelCam calls on motion detection. If that were to happen, it seems like writing a plugin that spawns a process on motion detection would be quite simple.