Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Orbit Tilt Control not working
By: MagnusM
Topics: 7
Added: 08/19/2010 - 09:43 PM

Hi,

i just realized my Orbit camera has problem.

It does not react to any tilt commands. Nor on my website nor within the AbelCam 3.2.3. configuration.

PTZ is activated and shown green in the config screen.

If i use the controls in the hardware driver itselt, it is working. And if i reset the camera it moves to its home position.

I don't know, since when this feature failed. The camera isn't checked daily Smile

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/20/2010 - 06:11 AM

Hello Magnus
maybe you have changed the USB port of the Orbit - reconfiguring the PTZ device might help
Using the latest version available from the Members Only section also might help - there are a lot of improvements since Feb 22nd and the current beta is far beyond it's early beta stages.
By: MagnusM
Topics: 7
Added: 08/22/2010 - 05:49 PM

Hi Stefan,

after i removed the camera, the problem was gone. But you should state, that removing it from the programme is not enough. At least the old configuration directory needs to be renamed. Otherwise it reload the old settings while adding the "new" camera.

I am now using the 3.5.2. without any problems right now.

By the way: Is there a was to get icon in the task bar for the service? If you need to change some settings, you must first stop the service, run the AbelCam application, quit that and restart the service. That is not very convenient in my eyes Smile
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/23/2010 - 05:52 AM

AbelCam as Service is configured by the AbelCamService.ini file in the program folder.
Set UserInterface = Yes and the GUI will be visible.