Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Motion save not working?
By: GregH
Topics: 17
Added: 07/28/2010 - 12:29 PM

Hello.

Motion save seems to have stopped working. My camera seems to be working fine through abelcam (it sees the camera, and I can see am image), however, I never get any files placed in the destination I have selected.

I have tried with "auto trigger" on and also with a manual settings of 1, but nothing.

The destination folder definitely exists (it had images in there from when I used it a while ago.

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/28/2010 - 02:49 PM

You config looks fine. I can't tell from the screenshots which version of AbelCam you're running but I can tell it's not the very latest. That is relevant because motion detection has quite recently received a major work-over. Suggest you get the latest version from Members Only section.

http://www.abelcam.com/en/membersonly
Added: 07/28/2010 - 03:15 PM

Superb thanks for that. I thought I did tell it to check for updates, but I will go to the site and get the latest.

Thanks for clearing up my formatting nightmare too Wink
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/28/2010 - 03:37 PM

If you're not "on the beta line" (IOW, if the version you're running was a general release) then Check For Updates won't pick up betas. I believe this is done intentionally so as not to annoy people with endless update offers when development is moving fast and we're getting weekly beta builds released on the Issue Tracker.

Formatting nightmare - no problem - first time I've gotten to use my Moderator-Fu in ages Wink
Added: 07/28/2010 - 03:56 PM

Good idea about the whole beta/general release thing.

Installed the new version and all is well in the world again.

Thanks again!