Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Custom HTML w/ Multiple CAMS
By: ChrisH
Topics: 19
Added: 07/11/2010 - 12:39 AM

Hi all

Anyone have an example of some html --- trying to build one html page with 3-cameras streaming all at once, including desktop ? Possible

Meaning, you dont have to click on still to activate the stream and view one at at time. Kind of like a security interface would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/11/2010 - 06:14 AM

Well, there is this page I made for somebody ages ago:

http://eeberfest.net/AbelCam/4cam.zip

It uses the Java applet for streaming. Click on the images to move Pan/Tilt. Sliders control Zoom. It isn't very pretty or fancy but it shows 4 cams on one screen and you don't have to click anything to get it going.

It uses the MJPEG streams (not individual JPEGs) from AbelCam. So, if you want the video to run forever (not require clicks to restart periodically) you need to go into each of your cams' configs in AbelCam and make sure the "No Limit" box is checked for "Max Motion JPEG Frames".

In the HTML you'll need to replace a bunch of "localhost:8080" with whatever is right for your setup.

This sample page uses Cameras 0 - 3. Each Cam Nr. appears twice in the code: once for the image and once for the slider control. Just be aware of this if you need to use different cam numbers for some reason.
Added: 07/17/2010 - 12:20 PM

So was this helpful or useless?
By: KelvinMa
Topics: 5
Added: 05/02/2011 - 10:25 PM

From MelvinG:
So was this helpful or useless?

Hi there. It was somewhat useful. I modified your code to display just 2 cams instead of 4. One of the cams is a Logitech Orbit MP and has PTZ functions. The other is a stationary that does not. For some reason the PTZ don't work on the Logitech when two cams are displayed, but work properly if I display just one. I even cut out the zoom slider for the 2nd camera. Any ideas why this would happen. Thanks very much for the sample code BTW.
Added: 05/03/2011 - 04:34 AM

Hmmm. Nothing really comes to mind except suggesting you double check your changes for typos. Also, while these things really shouldn't be able to cause what you are describing, you should probably do them anyway:

1) I spotted a mistake in my sample code: All of the APPLET tags for video stream player contain:

id='java1'

Should be 'java1' for first player applet, 'java2' for second, etc. The APPLET tags for the zoom sliders are done the right way: 'zoom1' 'zoom2' and so on. Unless you are trying to script the applet I can't see why this should matter, but still...

2) In the video stream player for the stationary camera, add this to the collection of parameters:

<param name='nosphere' value='true'>

This too should not matter but in the interest of Doing It Right this param should be set for all non-PTZ cams.