Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Windows 7 Service
By: MikeGt
Topics: 1
Added: 07/07/2010 - 02:04 AM

I would like to vote to move the programming to have AbelCam work as a service on Windows 7 higher on the ToDo list.

I purchased a Pro License and started testing the setup and modifying the Html pages to satisfy myself the system would work for my client's 35 properties. They mostly have Windows XP at this point but that is changing. I am trying to picture their response to me saying "Your computer at that property is dead and we are getting a new one but your office and parking lot cameras will not work anymore."

Yes, you can still get computers with the XP downgrade now but how much longer will that last?

Thanks for your consideration.

By: DericSt
Added: 07/22/2010 - 07:09 PM

i also would really like to rtun AbelCam as a windows 7 service. that would be VERY useful!
By: SeanGa
Topics: 15
Added: 08/11/2010 - 02:53 AM

You have my vote as well. I use it as a babysitter while the kids are on summer break and they've figured they can disable spy-dad by simply rebooting the PC.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/11/2010 - 07:13 PM

I want to have the current feature set out for the public before I switch over to a major rewrite which unfortunately is needed with the new requirements Vista/Windows 7 bring for services.
Up to XP it was ok to run any windows program as service once it's initialized the right way.
By: GeoffD
Added: 09/21/2010 - 01:51 PM

sse - Any idea when we can expect AbelCam to operate as a service on Win7?

Geoff.
Added: 09/22/2010 - 11:55 AM

Currently I'm mostly working on projects that had to wait for the final AbelCam 4.0 release.
Don't expect anything worth testing within the next two months, as I won't have time for major rewrites soon.
Added: 01/14/2011 - 07:17 PM

Update
AbelCam as service for Windows Vista and up is available as early Beta in the Members Only section of this website.