Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Not listed any more?
By: JohnMa
Topics: 31
Added: 05/19/2010 - 11:38 PM

I'm curious why my webcams don't show up on your listing now. They did for a long time. I still have the "listed" box checked. If I click on your map, my cameras show up as green - online and listed (JohnMa) - but when I click on the little green pin the balloon comes up but with red X's where the pictures should be. But on the front page of your site at "Cameras" I am not listed at all.

I can see my webcams on my own server, but they aren't showing up on yours. You can see my cams at http://sunsettrail.no-ip.biz:8080 so I know they are working and on line.

I also checked and see that the IP address that shows up in AutoHost is 71.115.93.106, but the IP address on the URL redirect that is use, (no-ip.com) lists me as 71.115.2.28

I am suspecting it may have something to do with getting a new router. I switched from Vonage to VoipO, and had to re-arrange the routers. I now have the Voipo (wired) router and telephone adapter in front of the (wireless) Vonage router, which is now just being used for the wireless router. The webcams are probably still connecting to the wireless router, though the computer they run on is connected both wired and wireless. Maybe it has something to do with the way I have port forwarding set up or something.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/20/2010 - 03:14 AM

I tried typing the IP addresses into my browser.

71.115.93.106:8080 gets me nothing.

71.115.2.28:8080 gets me your site.

I can't explain why autohost is picking up the wrong IP since I don't know your entire network setup and is sounds like it may be a bit "messy" with multiple routers operating.

Seems to me like you could solve this by not using Autohost, going to Config->Internet, and manually replacing the IP address with your no-ip URL in the three URL fields.