Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

AbelCam PDA tweak help
By: SeanGa
Topics: 15
Added: 05/04/2010 - 04:39 AM

Hello again,

Trying to get the PDA web interface working with my BlackBerry curve. The Bberry OS (4.5) doesn't like frames, so I've combined the control_frame and cam_frame into a single page to get my SSI+hrefs and cam picture (current.jpg) all on the same html page.

The tilt_pan/zoom SSI are working, and they move the camera (Logitech Orbitz)the right directions. The problem I'm having is that while the camera moves, I don't get redirected back to my originating/calling html page. I simply get processing messages:

"AbelCam Cam moving
AbelCam Cam moving
processing"

I dug around trying to find how to tweak the SSI script to do a html redirect or refresh (after move) without any luck. Am I on the right track?

What I'd prefer is to embed a SSI in a up.html down.html left/right page that will issue the commands and then a meta refresh that will send me back to my cam_control&view.html page (that doesn't use any frames and calls the up/down/left/right html pages). Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/04/2010 - 10:58 PM

Hello Sean
The problem I'm having is that while the camera moves, I don't get redirected back to my originating/calling html page.
In the current setup, the result of the move command is meant to be 'shown' in a hidden frame.
If your browser does support neither frames nor iframes, you won't be able to hide the result.

If you're happy with a user configurable standard result html page instead of the builtin message "AbelCam Cam moving",
I may implement that change for the next release.
Added: 05/05/2010 - 08:14 AM

That should work, as long as I can use a meta-refresh tag in this standard result page. I'm playing with the 3.3.1 beta now and willing to try an alpha release with this feature to test it out.

Thanks for your support.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/05/2010 - 08:41 AM

From sse:
Ok, next release will return the contents of the file wwwroot\movedone.html on cam moves if that file exists
This change has been implemented in the current beta release, see Issues
Added: 05/25/2010 - 05:39 AM

Thanks... got it working with the BBerry browser now.