AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/06/2024 - 04:55 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Server Response: You may only use your Abelcam Pro license on one computer at a time.
By: KeithPa
Topics: 8
Added: 04/01/2010 - 07:17 PM

Can you provide some insight on how your license restriction process works? I only intend to run this on one computer at a time but I'm attempting to move it from one computer (Windows 7) to another computer (Windows XP).

I installed it on the second computer and when I try and run it just hangs and I get the browser page with that server message. From there I have to go in to the XP task manager and kill abelcam to get any further.

I also can't run it on the original computer anymore. Whatever scheme is in process is just plain hosed. I really need to get this restored ASAP. Can't this be simplified so I just don't have them running on both computers at the same time but I can switch back and forth?!?!?

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/01/2010 - 07:38 PM

Can't this be simplified so I just don't have them running on both computers at the same time but I can switch back and forth?!?!?
If you do just that you won't have problems.
Make sure you switch off on one computer before starting on the other one.

Looking at the records here, I can see that at around 6PM CEST you had both of them running and that's where the problems start.
There's no intention in locking a program like you describe. If you can send me a debug log of the one you had to kill I can try to improve the situation. Once you kill AbelCam, it won't report that it's off and my end assumes it's on until the next time it would report.

You may see your usage time here: http://www.abelcam.com/en/licenseusage?lickey=[Your License Key] - and you'll see how long you'll have to wait before you can use your license as expected.

I have been very tolerant with license usage a long time and people have abused licenses a lot. I'm sorry that the restrictions I had to implement hurt on your end.
By: KeithPa
Topics: 8
Added: 04/02/2010 - 04:36 PM

I had both computers running but from what I could tell in the task manager the AbelCam.exe was not running.

Part of the problem may have been XP. I have another Win7 laptop so I uninstalled it from the XP computer and installed it on the other Win7 laptop and it appears to be working ok at the moment.