Need Orbit driver 11.5
By: GitanoMa
Topics: 0
Added: 03/24/2010 - 11:56 PM

where can i get the 11.5 drivers and how to install them?? thank you
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/25/2010 - 02:04 AM

Almost every driver Logitech has ever released is on their FTP server.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/
Added: 03/25/2010 - 03:16 AM

From MelvinG:
Almost every driver Logitech has ever released is on their FTP server.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/

i tried that, installations discs from a quickcam 8.1.1, from a pro 9000 which i believe installs the 12.0 drivers but no luck, the latest drive i could install was the 10.1 and u said we need the 11.5 at least to be able to turn the red led off from a logitech orbit MP, correct??
can u tell the procedure u used to install the drivers??
Added: 03/25/2010 - 05:39 AM

There is no "trick" to driver installation that I know of. All I do is run the installer .exe - really!

You are correct that the Pro9000 CD or download installs 12.x drivers that work with Orbit/Sphere MP and AF, but your MP needs to be a "2nd Generation" MP. Check the paper tag on the cam's cable - it should say "P/N 861305" on it. If your cam's tag says "P/N 861207" then you have a "1st Generation" MP that will not work with any of the recent drivers.

See Logitech driver compatibility chart: HERE

Also note that the newer drivers will not install on anything older than WinXP.
Added: 03/25/2010 - 08:43 PM

crap is a P/N 861116-0030 which by the driver compatibility chart only can have 8.4 and 10.5, Sad so no red light off for me, will have to get a newer model, thank you so much for ur help Smile
Added: 03/26/2010 - 01:27 AM

No problem... Smile

Wow - your cam is an "Original" Orbit/Sphere then, even older than an MP. I would think it will still work with AbelCam in a limited way but definitely some features won't work as expected (or at all).

There may be a registry hack to turn off your LED but I don't know for sure. I can't even experiment because the oldest cam I have here that is still alive is a 2nd. Gen Orbit MP.

FWIW, I'm happy with my Orbit AF cams and the "street" price has come down a lot. I've seen them for US$100 in stores - original price was about US$159.