Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Novice here - Local Save Acitve checked - but no video in directory
By: GarySa
Topics: 0
Added: 03/13/2010 - 05:04 PM

I am getting pics on motion detection; however, not getting any video. I have the "Local Save Active" checked...

Wuzzup?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/13/2010 - 09:06 PM

If you are wanting to save AVI (or WMV) video you need to use Video Save rather than Local Save. Video Save records an actual video clip when motion is detected.

First, go to Cameras and remove your camera from the device list. The add it back in (Add Cam button) but this time change the Capture Interface selection to VideoCapX instead of the default TyCapture. Once this is done, bring up the camera's Config and you'll find a new item in the "tree" of config items: "Video Save".

Here are the dox on how to set up Video Save:

http://www.abelcam.com/en/abelwiki/VideoSave

Alternatively, if you want to make something more like a time-lapse video, you could keep using Local Save to capture still shots. Once you have a collection of stills you can use "jpeg2video" tool (see Start Menu -> AbelCam -> Tools) to make a video out of your stills...
Added: 03/13/2010 - 10:53 PM

Hey Thanks!!! I followed your rec and I was able to generate videos...

However, it does not appear to work well with motion detection -

I tried with the "record real time" - but I could only get it to record by "start recording" and it did not stop even though I left the room for 15 minutes...

I also tried the "Record with single Frame" and selected to continue to record for 30 seconds, but it only captured one frame..

Sorry for being such a novice... but I do appreciate your help!!!

Added: 03/14/2010 - 02:21 AM

You wrote:

I also tried the "Record with single Frame" and selected to continue to record for 30 seconds, but it only captured one frame..

----

I admit I haven't messed with this feature in a long time... but what you did there with Record Single Frame seems like it should have worked. Hmmm.

I don't think a lot of people are using Video Save so I suppose there's a chance it could be broken but unreported. I'll see if I can rig some kinda test setup here later today and let you know if it works for me...
Added: 03/14/2010 - 03:31 AM

So anyway... I set up an Orbit cam with VideoCapX here and tried to use Video Save with the same basic settings you mentioned. In my tests, it did start to record when it sensed motion, and it DID keep recording for 30 seconds. BUT... the resulting video file plays back at some ridiculously slow rate (like maybe 0.5 fps) which gives the appearance of a bunch of still shots strung together. It seems like it recorded properly (all frames that should be there are indeed there) but the "timecode" (or whatever you call the info that tells Media Player what playback framerate to use) is incorrect.

This playback rate is supposed to be adjustable using the Replay Rate field on the Video Save Options tab. But I tried a bunch of different values in this field and could not get a playback anywhere close to realtime/full speed. I'm beginning to think something's broken.

I did notice that if I turn off motion detection and everything (set it to Record Real Time and then just hit Record button) the video it records is realtime/full speed.

I'm going to drop a comment about this in the Issue Tracker so SSE will know something's up and take a look in this thread on Monday...
Added: 03/14/2010 - 04:36 PM

I tried a few more times with the "record single frame" and continue to record, but I could never get more than one snapshot... grrrrr. Time for coffee!!!
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/17/2010 - 11:00 AM

I'm working on this - you can expect improved video saving by end of this week.
By: MattCa
Added: 03/27/2010 - 11:32 AM

Has there been any update on this one as it's the same problem I'm having Roll Eyes

Thanks
Added: 03/27/2010 - 01:16 PM

You guys can follow progress on this and other current work by reading the Issue Tracker.

http://www.abelcam.com/en/membersonly/issues

Start by reading the "AbelCam 3.3.1 Release 2010-03-19" thread.

In short, he did work on Video Save this past week but it's not really fixed yet. There are problems in a 3rd. party module (VideoCapX).
By: MattCa
Added: 03/28/2010 - 04:51 PM

Cool, thanks for that LOL