Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere 0.9.9j released
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/14/2005 - 07:44 AM

one small change:
since the changed <!--#include vserver --> mms link generation did not work for both me and Pete,
as we both have different web server ports within our private networks from those
published on http://logisphere.seiz.ch/en/cameras, I changed this once more.

Now the host name is stripped from the picture url,
mms:// prepended, vserver port appended

(Pete, it worked as documented for 0.9.9i, but it was not very smart Frin )

I release this small change in a seperate version as I have to update the release on tucows -
the one was released Oct 21st and is a bit outdated by now.

If you don't use the video server or if your web server port is the same
for you and the rest of the wold, there is no need to upgrade.
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 11/16/2005 - 12:21 PM

Hi ! I noticed a problem over night, when it seems like the logisphere.seiz.ch server was down or a network timeout. It seems that if "listed" is ticked and it cannot connect to the logisphere server then I get a pop up box than needs to be "OK":d before the program continues. I use the SelfCheck feature, that will disable and re-enable the web server if theres a problem. If the logisphere server at this point cannot be contacted, it looked like my cam goes offline. Could this be the case ?

If I could propose something, then on startup/web server connection, there is a timeout that waits for a connection to the logisphere server, and if no connection is found, then maybe a popup with a self timer that automatically closes if no user is present to "OK" it. In addition there could be a state set to see if the program is actually connected to the logipshere server or not. Perhaps in the "options/listed" tickbox, it could be surrounded by green (ala Web server) if theres a connection or not.

It would mean that if the logisphere server was switched off or failed for some reason life would continute for the over 500 people so far that are using it. Smile!

Pete
Added: 11/26/2005 - 09:31 AM

I noticed a problem with the display of the flag for the country information.

It seems that one of the functions used are not thread safe,
in rare cases (2 times within 2 weeks) eighter the flag or the 'Delivered' picture did not show anymore.

If the 'Show request country' checkbox is not checked, the problem did not show up

I will investigate on that and improve it for 1.0.0
Added: 12/16/2005 - 05:30 PM

LogiSphere 0.9.9j has been replaced by LogiSphere 1.2

Thanks to everybody who helped to find ways to improve the software.
Many user requests have been implemented. A great deal of work went into making the program more robust, testing with heavy loads and different settings.

This lead to a version truly ready for any webcam
Laugh