Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

What am i doing wrong?
By: KevinSp
Topics: 3
Added: 03/10/2010 - 11:25 PM

Hi,
I cannot see my webcam from outside lan. My port 8080 is open and confirmed by Port Checker, I set up a dyndns account pointing to my address and used the dns name on the Ablecam internet config page followed by :8080. Ialso tried using current ip address followed by port number. When I use the redirect link I get the message "oops link appears to be broken" I also temp turned of firewall and enabled active x to no avail.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/11/2010 - 01:23 AM

First guess: you have Port 8080 open but not forwarded correctly to your Abelcam's machine IP and/or port. Double-check your router config.

Second guess: your ISP might be playing games with port 8080 traffic to keep users from easily setting up servers. When all else fails try using a totally random port number.
Added: 03/13/2010 - 12:57 AM

Thank for the reply MelvinG.I rechecked my port settings and they look fine, checked with my isp provider too be sure though and they say they are not blocking ports. Changed to port 86 anyhow. Still no luck though. I think I have wasted 4 evenings of my lifeFrin Think I'll have to admit defeat. Any other ideas anyone?
Added: 03/13/2010 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, one idea. When you test for access from "outside" are you on a machine that's "inside" your LAN? If so, get a friend to try it from outside, or try it from work, or whatever. SOME routers don't behave right when you hit their outside IP from a machine on the inside.
Added: 03/13/2010 - 02:58 AM

Hi, I've tried from the outside and all I get is my router login page.
Added: 03/13/2010 - 04:08 AM

Your router login page? Hmmm... that would be on Port 80 I believe. You do realize you have to specify your port number in the URL, right? Like:

my.domain.com:8080/

Edited to add: Just read your O/P again and I see you are using the port number in the URL. So, nevermind. I can't think of anything else right now to suggest.