Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Logitech Orbit AF Problems..
By: TravisJo
Topics: 0
Added: 03/08/2010 - 12:48 PM

Hi just got a QuickCam Orbit AF and I am having problems getting it to work with VideoCapX..
keeps telling giving me
Cam QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF-1 many errors while frame capturing...
Cam QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF-1 many errors while frame capturing...

over and over and over again

I have the newest version of AbelCam and the Newest Logitech Webcam Software / Drivers

can someone Please help me..
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/08/2010 - 02:48 PM

Well, my first question is: what happens if you try using TyCapture or VisioForge instead? Or for that matter, what happens if you try to view your cam's video from Windows Explorer or from a tool like AmCap? Need to know if this is a general cam problem or specific to AbelCam + VideoCapX.

You do know that only one app at a time can use the videostream from your cam, right? So if you have Logitech's software running when you start AbelCam, AbelCam will be unable to capture from your cam, etc....

Also, what version of Windows do you run?
By: JonathanSt
Topics: 3
Added: 03/22/2010 - 05:00 PM

I am having this same issue. I have tried to use the VideoCapX, and it initially works. However after i changed the input and output it will nto work anymore. It has sence broke the driver. I am trying to reinstall. It was working on the tycapture with low frame rate, and i wanted better.

Windows 7 64bit

Added: 03/23/2010 - 07:23 AM

1) I've noticed that Logitech cameras + recent drivers can be a bit "funny" about framerate/resolution combinations. Has nothing to do with AbelCam - I see it just as often with other programs that use the cam. For example, my Pro9000 cam works fine at 30fps/640x480 but fails miserably at 30fps/320x240. This is just one of many combinations I've seen acting badly.

2) What's your point in changing to VideoCapX? Unless you've decided you need Video Save, there's nothing I can think of to be gained from this change.
By: GitanoMa
Topics: 0
Added: 03/24/2010 - 06:05 PM

hi MelvinG please help me!!!
i know this is not the right post but on the "SOLVED: Can I turn off the red "record on" light?" u were able to install a 11.5 driver on a logitech Orbit MP webcam, would u please tell where to find the driver and how to installed, i have two installation discs the one that came with the cam which is 8.1.1 version and the webcam software v1.0 which i believe installs the 12.0 driver, i have try many ways to install a newer driver than 10.0 but nothing no matter if i use the discs or the logitech web site from different cameras, PLEASE HELP ME Sad
By: JonathanSt
Topics: 3
Added: 03/24/2010 - 07:24 PM

I will try some other configurations. I was just trying to make things more smooth. I am only getting 1 or 2 fps. sometimes it jumps to 10. It is quite annoying. I am going from 1280x720 to 800x530 i believe... the quality is a 91 also... The camera is supposed to handle 720 at 30fps. I will continue to play with differnet settings.
Added: 03/25/2010 - 05:50 AM

Playing with settings is really the only way to go on this. I've had plenty of cases where combinations of settings that are supposed to work (per camera dox) don't, and vice-versa.

320x240 at 4 or 5 fps works properly, that's what I'm using on most of my cams. It's certainly not HD DVD quality but it is good for basic security work. 640x480 at 5 fps works fine for me too.

The "jumping" you mentioned is pretty typical of what I've seen here for "bad" resolution/framerate combos. Bursts of frames are followed by getting "stuck" for several seconds. While stuck, there's often a horizontal band of "noise" across the image.

If you don't already have it, go over to Microsoft and download "wmcap.exe" or "amcap.exe". In fact, I think some Logitech driver CDs include "amcap" in a directory of "tools" or "extras". These are bare-bones capture/display utilities that you can use to experiment and test while keeping AbelCam out of the situation temporarily.