Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Unable to use TyCapture with PS3Eye Camera
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 02/22/2010 - 06:07 AM

Hello All,

I am running Windows XP Sp3 on Dell 655 COre2Duo with 4GB RAM.

I was using Abelcam 3.2.3 perfectly with Creative Live Motion Camera and a PS3Eye camera connected via USB to my PC. I was using TyCapture interface with both cameras since it has low CPU overhead.

I updated the PS3Eye drivers from http://codelaboratories.com/get/file/cl-eye-driver-4.0.1.0217 , which supposedly should provide a better level of stability. I am not sure which version of the drive was I using earlier, since there are a couple in the archives section.

However now when I am trying to use AbelCam, the PS3Eye camera is not swtiched on using the AbelCam TyCapture interface. I have tried installing and reinstalling all the applications one by one to know the cause. However no luck. I even tried deleting the configuration files.

The PS3Eye cam is working fine using the supplied ClEyeTest utility which shows the camera capture window at the full frame rate.

If i delete and re-add the camera in AbleCam using VideoForge or Vidcap interface, only then the camera display comes back again. However this makes the overall computer performance very slow for other operations. I only want to use the Tycapture so to have low CPU usage in order to stream live for my remote surveillance.

Can someone please guide me what could be causing the trouble so I can fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topic has no responses