TV Tuner startup / Overlay Image
By: GerryH
Topics: 14
Added: 02/14/2010 - 12:02 AM

When AbelCam Pro starts it has this message box first that must be clicked:
TV Tuner Detected
In the Config Form, run Auto Tune
to creat the channel list.

Can that be disabled? Now that I know that, and can't use TV anyway because the TV card is analog and obsolete.

Also do you know why my overlay image is cropped on the right and bottom?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/14/2010 - 03:07 AM

Off the top of my head I'd say you should just go along with it: go into config for the tuner/capture card device and in the TV options there should be an AutoTune button. Let it do its auto-tune thing once and I don't think you'll ever see the message again. I vaguely remember having to do that ages ago when I first started using tuner/capture cards in my AbelCam setup.

I've never had any cropping issues with overlay images myself so I'm not sure. Is there anything "special" about your overlay like maybe it's really huge or something? I've only ever played with overlays that are fairly small - maybe 40x40 pixels - to simulate the "luma-keyed logo in the corner of your screen" like the TV networks do...
Added: 02/15/2010 - 09:17 PM

Yes that worked, It was on tuner after that and I couldn't get back to composite right away. There was no configuration on the webpage until I found the use cam box, clicking that brought it out of tuner back to composite one. Now I can just start up right to where I want it on composite 1.
Thanks for your help.
I changed the overlay images to gif from bmp and that solved the cropping problem.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/15/2010 - 10:26 PM

Ahh... gif to bmp on the overlays... I didn't even think about that as a possibility. I'm not sure which image formats are officially supposed to work and which aren't. I think that all overlays I've used myself are jpegs - don't recall every trying other formats.
Added: 02/15/2010 - 11:34 PM

I've discovered something new. If the transparency is set when you change the overlay, it seem to crop the picture until you set it back to zero. Then you can reset transparency if you like. So I guess any file type can be used.