Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Adding additional Camera to Free License : PS3eye and Creative LiveMotion
By: SyedF
Topics: 25
Added: 01/18/2010 - 07:43 PM

Hello All,

Thanks for helping me in setting the WebServer. I have tried logging into it and it seems to work fine with one camera which is PS3eye with latest CL-PS3eye drivers.

I have just acquired a free license yesterday and as mentioned the program ran for 6 hours and then quit automatically.

I have another camera which I hooked up to USB. It is a Creative Live Motion Webcam (Pan/Tilt). I tried to add this camera in AbelCam but the software says no additional cameras in free license mode can be installed. This is justified.

However I want to know that can I delete the old camera (PS3eye) and add the new camera (Creative Live Motion) as the only ONE active camera. Please note the both USB cameras are however hooked up to the PC all the time, and only one is assigned in the Abelcam.

I am asking cause I just tried it and though I am able to delete the first camera and add the second one. I can see its output and can control the PTZ however all the options for enabling/disabling WebServer and Internet settings are greyed out. All options for User Name/License and other info are disable/greyed out. I cannot use and conifgure any program options.

Any ideas why it might has happened and what could be the possible fix for it.

Thanks.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/19/2010 - 04:29 PM

I have another camera which I hooked up to USB. It is a Creative Live Motion Webcam (Pan/Tilt). I tried to add this camera in AbelCam but the software says no additional cameras in free license mode can be installed. This is justified.
You can configure as many cameras as you want with the free license but you can activate just one at the time.

However I want to know that can I delete the old camera (PS3eye) and add the new camera (Creative Live Motion) as the only ONE active camera. Please note the both USB cameras are however hooked up to the PC all the time, and only one is assigned in the Abelcam
You don't need to delete the old camera, just make sure it's not active when configuring the next one.

All options for User Name/License and other info are disable/greyed out. I cannot use and conifgure any program options.
Once you're over the 6hrs per day allowed with the free license, configuration options are not available anymore.