Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Logitech Orbit Follow motion feature having opposite effect
By: SpyrithonasN
Topics: 22
Added: 01/10/2010 - 02:40 AM

Initially I had the PTZ controls set to inverted. I turned on the follow motion feature and it had the opposite effect. The camera moved away from motion. I turned the PTZ controls back to the default and the camera continues to move away from motion. Is this a known problem or am I missing something?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 01/10/2010 - 04:10 AM

I just went and tested Follow Motion on my Orbit AF. It worked correctly. I have NO invert boxes checked, regular PTZ control from Web works fine and so does Follow Motion.

The first thing you should check is the version of your Logitech drivers. 12.10.1110.0 is what I have - it is fairly new. Also make sure you have the very latest AbelCam release - Version 3.2.2 released on 23 December 2009. If your software is older than that, get the latest version here: ISSUE TRACKER I know this release has some changes to PTZ that deal with inversion issues.

Added: 01/10/2010 - 06:58 AM

Hmm, I did have an out dated driver which is now updated but, the problem remains?

I am running the latest Abelcam.....
Added: 01/10/2010 - 07:49 AM

Please check your C:\program files\camcontrol.dll. It should be Version 1.6.0.1, dile date = 12/21/2009, file size 68.5 KB (70,144 bytes). If it does not match this info, go to the link I provided in my first post and re-install AbelCam from there.
Added: 01/10/2010 - 04:02 PM

Thanks Melvin. That seems to have resolved this issue. Now if I could get Jpeg2video working....
Added: 01/11/2010 - 12:04 AM

Okay, good... Smile I thought all the reversal / inversion stuff got sorted out in the newest camcontrol.dll and apparently it did. The problem was that Logitech suddenly decided to invert everything in their driver (without saying a word) a few minor versions ago. AbelCam got caught up as of the very latest (December 23, 2009) release.

I'm stuck on your jpeg2video problem. Hard for me to give advice when every time I try it here it works. It seems like it has to be something specific to your system or your O/S - like maybe the permissions on the jpeg files or something (???).
Added: 01/11/2010 - 10:20 PM

It is good that it is working although it would be great if it were a little better/faster at tracking.

As for jpeg2video, it may be an OS problem. But with the options greyed out? I don't know. I'm thinking something else. Licensing?
Added: 01/11/2010 - 11:05 PM

I imagine the follow motion sensitivity / speed is a compromise: sensitive enough to react to "major" motion but not twitch around on every tiny bit of motion (or even CCD noise looking like "motion").

I've checked out a few more things about jpeg2video and will post to your other thread about that in a minute (so I don't drag this thread further off its original topic Wink )