AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/28/2024 - 08:33 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Different resolution for JPG capture and AJAX.HTML?
By: MagnusM
Topics: 7
Added: 12/27/2009 - 06:32 PM

Hi All,

i am using a stripped ajax.html to host my camera in an <iframe> of my website. the website is located on a different system. I works just fine. The <iframe> works with all controls.

While serving as webcam i also want Abelcam to capture the picture on my local storage (every 300s).

I would like to to 320x240 for the webservice and 640x480 for the local storage. If i enhance the output resolution to 640x480 my captured jpegs are fine. But the content of the <iframe> tries to show the whole 640x480 (thus not fitting in my frame anymore). How must i modify the ajax.html to size the picture to 320x240?
Added: 12/27/2009 - 06:43 PM

Ups, sorry. I used a stripped version of the index.html in the javasript sample directory. I am not sure if it uses the ajax.html. But it links to the ajaxstyles.css.

Basically i i just removed the text and extra buttons on the sample page.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 12/28/2009 - 05:49 AM

Find these 2 lines in index.html:
imagewidth=<!--#outputwidth -->;
imageheight=<!--#outputheight -->;
And make them look like this:
imagewidth=320;
imageheight=240;

Should take care of it...
Added: 12/28/2009 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for your help.

It wasn't all of the solution. If you replace only the lines you gave, it does not work.

I just replaced all <!--#outputwidth --> by 320 and all <!--#outputheight --> by 240. In the whole index.html there are four occurrences for each. After this modification, it works fine.

But ARGHHHHH... there is even an easier way... Abelcam uses its input size for the local storage. The output size just influences the the webpage. Thus having input 640x480 and output 320x240 will do the job. No modification necessary... Ok, my fault. Maybe a hint in the doc would help.