AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/28/2024 - 07:52 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

'many errors while frame capturing' question!
By: IainG
Topics: 17
Added: 11/20/2009 - 02:25 PM

Hi Folks,

I hope someone can help me here as I'm pulling what's left of my hair out! I have looked at previous posts about this error message but can't nail the problem.

I have started a new abelcam setup for an art project I am working on. I am using XP SP3, 3.2.1Pro and two quickcam E3500 cameras with the drivers that came with them(11.5).
I want these cams to be listed and I want to use the Redirector feature because this setup will travel between various galleries.

The issue I am having is when I launch AbelCam both cameras fail to start giving the 'many errors while frame capturing' message and therefore are not listed. Once AbelCam has started I can click on the cameras and they start up no problem but this doesn't allow me to use the Redirector or have them listed.
If I select 'screen capture' then it gets listed on startup and I can later add the cameras, but I don't want the server screen shown!

I know I can use the 'screen capture' method as a workaround by deselecting it after startup, but this setup will travel around without me and I don't want to rely on other folks messing about with the settings!

Coincidentally, my own setup also comes up with the same error message for cameras 0 and 1 every time, but because I have other cameras which start ok, they get listed and I can add cams 0 and 1 later. The failing cameras own my own setup are Orbits and are using a different driver, OS is XP SP2.

Does anyone know what's going on, see what I'm doing wrong or have the same problem with cameras 0 and 1 on startup?

I have already tried various combinations of cam drivers and AbelCam versions but always the same result!

Thanks for reading!

Iain
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/21/2009 - 01:27 AM

Hello Iain

what version of AbelCam are you using?
What capture interfaces?

Once AbelCam has started I can click on the cameras and they start up no problem but this doesn't allow me to use the Redirector or have them listed.
You can check / uncheck 'listed' anytime to list or unlist your cameras.

...but this setup will travel around without me and I don't want to rely on other folks messing about with the settings!
I agree that this has to be solved.

You might want to send me a debug log?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/21/2009 - 06:10 AM

Hmmm. I was experiencing this with 3.2.1 + TyCapture + 2 cameras on my devsys but not on my server. I assumed it was my system somehow at fault. Interestingly, now that I'm running 3.2.2 I don't seem to have the problem anymore.
By: IainG
Topics: 17
Added: 11/21/2009 - 01:19 PM

Hi Folks,

Thank you for your time and suggestions sse and MelvinG!
I have upgraded to 3.2.2 on both systems and my problems have gone! The startup time is also noticeably faster - great work sse!!

I won't send you the debug log as the problem has been resolved and I know you're busy enough!

I was using 3.2.1 and TyCapture with the 2 camera setup, checking and unchecking 'listed' never seemed to trigger the 'this_is_the_AbelCam_online_test' message though?

Thanks again,

Iain