Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Dual cameras - Orbit MP and AF together
By: JohnMa
Topics: 31
Added: 09/22/2009 - 01:00 AM

I have been trying to get a QuickCam Orbit MP to work with an Orbit AF. The AF is working OK, and for about a week the MP was also working, but then the MP disappeared and shows up in Device Manager as Unknown Device. I can see the device id in details in device manager, but it isn't working. I tried unplugging and re-plugging the MP but that didn't help.

I am thinking that it may be the Logitech drivers. Logitech version 10.5 worked with the MP, but the AF uses version 11, which was not fully compatible with the MP. I don't know if that is the problem or not. Given that it was working for several days, I am doubtful. Seems like it would either work or not, period, if it was incompatible.

Any suggestions on how to get both cameras working at the same time would be appreciated.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 09/22/2009 - 06:39 AM

Well, I know it's possible because I frequently use an AF and an MP on the same box at the same time. My suggestion would be to unplug both Orbits, uninstall the drivers via Add/Remove programs, and then install the drivers fresh from the CD or Web distribution files with no Orbits connected. Then plug in your Orbits one at a time...

Also, depending on which 11 series drivers you have, the problem may well be a driver bug. Pretty much every 11.x driver release had some bad problem or other. I found 11.7 to be reasonably stable, and now I'm running the 12.x drivers which are buggy but not fatally so.

12.x drivers are available on the Logitech support pages, only they don't call it 12. It's called "Logitech Webcam Software with Vid - Version 1.0" now. Roll Eyes

You can probably still get the 11.7 drivers over at ftp://ftp.logitech.com
By: JohnMa
Topics: 31
Added: 09/25/2009 - 05:18 PM

I checked on the Logitech support forum and was told that I should back up to quickcam software version 11.1 instead of the version 11.8 I have installed. I'm going to try that and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestions.