Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Retry connect to internet
By: Marcus
Topics: 26
Added: 11/02/2005 - 03:23 PM

I would be REALLY nice if Logisphere could try reconnect to logisphere.seiz.ch it self without my interaction.

When I start my webcam machine the wireless adapter dosen't start so quickly as Logisphere.
I have to enable webserver manual every time, I use logisphere everyday for my parrots.

/M
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/02/2005 - 04:14 PM

Marcus,
it is very unlikely I will implement a feature like this as for most users this is of no use.

I'd have to make space on the user interface for a checkbox and description, describe it in the help and so on.

this would add up to 1-2 hours of work for ONE user who has not (yet?) considered the software useful enough to send a donation Undecided

I have an idea though - why don't you write a script which pings a host outside your network and starts LogiSphere only when the host can be reached?

By: Marcus
Topics: 26
Added: 11/04/2005 - 05:00 PM

Okej, I understand you can't put in the extra work only for me. I will look into make a script or something, thanks anyway.

Regarding donation; I haven't yet consider donation for several reasons, as I understand you are not making so much money out of this project, and as everybody you want something for the work, I understand that. I hope you understand that I don't want to pay for something I can't get to work, of all postings I have done on this forum I have only got one answer, this one. When joined this project (I think it was 0.95) the software was were buggy and I didn't get any help or tips(from anyone). But i'll give it to you now, since version 0.99 I think it works fine.

I haven't even answer the price poll because of this, but I will consider a donation, because I happly pay for a software that works and suite my needs.

Best regards
Marcus
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/04/2005 - 08:02 PM

Hi Marcus,

thank you for considering a donation.

I think it's normal for a version 0.9.5 to be buggy.

I also consider it normal for a version 0.9.9 to be (almost?) bug free - I have already bought software with high version numbers and a long history, but still lots of bugs although I have spent a lot on it...

I know I cannot provide answers to all questions - that's why I started this forum early in the development.
If there were 20 people barking up the same tree as you did, what you were asking for would have been implemented already.

To be honest, I expected more feedback from users both here in the forum and on the donations page Undecided

People are downloading the program like mad these days - maybe this will change in the future...