Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Actiontec 704 Router/Port Issue
By: ThomasF
Topics: 0
Added: 05/08/2009 - 04:41 PM

Greets! Looked for answer, searched, and am asking here as a last resort before trying a new router...

I have an Actiontec 704 router that's had its' firmware overwritten by Verizon for DSL. I'd been told by a rep at Verizon that they indeed block servers running on such ports.

So, I've tried different ports ranging from 7123 to 13331 and have had no success. Firewalls are all off, and the routers config (They call them "Rules") is as follows:

Protocal: TCP, UDP
Port Start: 13331
Port End: 13331
Port Map Start: 13331

I can access things fine within the LAN, however do not get anything showing via redirect page here at abelcam, or via the external IP address.

My question(s): Am I configuring those ports correctly? I also indicate the port being used in Abelcam's Basic Server info.

It may be that the ISP does too well in blocking, which would so be disappointing since they are the only game in the area for DSL ISPs. My next step beyond configuration problems is trying a new router that doesn't have the firmware messed with.

But if it is something in the ports or config, it'd be great to figure out before trying the new router and discovering the same issue, so I wanted to ask the experts here what they think. Thanks!

-Tom

Topic has no responses