05/03/2024 - 01:03 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

By: Aaron
Topics: 0
Added: 09/24/2005 - 01:02 PM

Hi it would be nice if there was an thing to make an 360d so that the cam would take an photo and move on to the next spot and do the sam untill it made 360d photo of all the room
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/24/2005 - 11:13 PM

you mean like plot the room - not a bad idea

eagletrons software has this feature.

Not easy to get the shots precise enough,
or find a software which can stitch all pictures together

By: Peter
Topics: 49
Added: 10/22/2005 - 06:57 PM

Hi sse
thats it plot an room yep i think it would be an good ideaRoll Eyes
By: DanW
Topics: 0
Added: 01/20/2006 - 08:20 PM

If we know the camera can swivel, say, 180 degrees, and at 100% (default) zoom, the camera can see, say, 60 degrees (?), would it be easy to make a panorama shot by coding the camera to go full-left, shoot, right 60 degrees, shoot, etc.? It wouldn't be prefect, but if you lined the shots up right, it would be kind-of like a panoramic shot...

I don't know anything that is web-based that can stitch pictures together...
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/21/2006 - 09:19 AM

I can't comment on how to add this as a LogiSphere feature. But I can say that if you guys that need panoramic shots know how to program in C or perl this is an easy thing to do. Why easy? Because there is a set of free open source libraries (Image Magick) that will do the hard work of image-stitching for you. In short, your code needs to:

1) Open up a socket to LogiSphere.
2) Send pan command over that socket.
3) Request and catch an image over that socket.
4) Pass off the image to Image Magic-driven routine.
5) Repeat 1 - 4 until you've covered 180 degrees of pan.

I have not done a panoramic app myself but I have done all of the above things in Perl and (IMO) it was quite easy. If you look at my website (listed here on the Cameras page as "Control Stuff"), all the captioning, zooming and panning you see there is done using the tactics above: perl code "in between" the browser and LogiSphere.

Go to either CPAN or imagemagick.org for the libraries. (I am in no way affiliated with Image Magick - just a happy user)

I'll be happy to answer questions about the application but I am not willing to teach anybody how to program.