Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

little Flag in listed cameras on Abelcam website
By: JoergR
Topics: 34
Added: 08/16/2008 - 01:50 PM

Hi, I´m using Abelcam pro for a while now and I´ve always wondered why my cam is the only one that doesn´t have this little flag in that line where my cam is listed on abelcam website.
Is there a trick ?
And another thing is the marker in Google-maps.
It is there where it should be but it always shows my cam as offline. Another trick i need to know ?

Topics: 73
Added: 08/16/2008 - 05:41 PM

The country detection used on this website uses the same database as AbelCam.
If your IP number / range is not in this database, the country you're located
cannot be detected correctly and no flag will be shown.

Maybe a later release of this database will contain information about your
location...

Regarding the Map - I just checked the database, it says your camera is offline.
Let me know when you're cam is online, and I will check why it does not show
online on the map.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/17/2008 - 05:33 AM

Jörg, you aren't actually the only one. My flag has been missing again for a while, after working for a month or two. My best guess it that it has to do with using a Dynamic DNS service. Lookups on, say, "myplace.no-ip.org" don't necessarily return an IP tht geo-locates properly.

Later Edit: Well, maybe I was mistaken. I changed my AbelCam settings to report my actual IP instead of my DynDNS name. But I still have no flag.
By: JoergR
Added: 08/17/2008 - 02:05 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content
Message has been edited, click here to see original content Ok thank you guys, what I saw In the google map is very interesting. Watching the lists of online and offline cams I found out that my name JoergR appears in both groups. So I'm online and offline at the same time... The marker in the map has always been blue from the beginning. I've never seen it red. BTW I'll be online the next 5 or 6 hours. correction: actually I see my red marker for the first time in online status. So for now it seems to work. sse thank you from my side to you and this great software.
Added: 11/14/2008 - 02:50 PM

After a backbone change of my dsl provider I now have a 77. ip and for the first time my country is shown on abelcam website.
the old 84.129. ip is still not recognized as being german from abelcam-site, but the software itself recognizes the 84.129 ip when I watch my own cam.