Announcements
Latest Topics

Deactivating XXXXX, to much time to captureing one frame... [resolved]
By: PatricP
Topics: 8
Added: 06/23/2008 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

my webcam was switched of with this Log entry:

Deactivating XXXXX, to much time to captureing one frame...

Is this the 6 hour switch of for not PRO Users ?

This Error comes a few Minutes after I started AbelCam.

I´m waiting for my new PayPal account verification so I can´t buy the AbelCam Pro by now - hope to get it work until end of week...

thanks in advanced

Patric

By: JohnMy
Topics: 30
Added: 06/24/2008 - 01:38 AM

I do not think it is. In the members only section you should see a link usage. Click on this link days you exceeded 6 hours should show in red there. That is what I saw before I purchased a Pro license. It sounds more like your camera is stuck. I would try removing your camera using the remove button on the main tab, Then use the Add Cam button add your camera may start your camera again..
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/24/2008 - 07:04 PM

Hello Patric,

this error means that AbelCam was not able to get a fresh image from your camera within the time specified in cam.xml

It has nothing to do with the 6hrs timeout of the free license.
By: PatricP
Topics: 8
Added: 06/27/2008 - 10:34 AM

Thanks,

made a new install of the cam, now the error is gone ..

Patric
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 06/27/2008 - 01:45 PM

For others reading this, who may not be so lucky as to solve this error with a driver re-install...

This error, in my personal experience, is often an indication of power problems. Most of these webcams are very heavy power consumers, and when the power is marginal they seem to have spontaneous resets that cause AbelCam to throw this error.

Having too many USB devices plugged directly into your system can cause power problems (even though "officially" is shouldn't). USB extenders, non-powered hubs, or just using a longer cable than the cam came with can do it too.

I run 6 cams off one system. I had lots of these errors. I eventually sorted it all out by adding some good quality powered hubs to the mixture. My cam site runs 24/7, mostly unattended, and the only time my cams error out now is if I mess with them.

Of course it also helps that I'm running a 2.3 beta of AbelCam. Frin It includes a totally new capture "engine" called VisioForge that's quite nice. You might want to give it a try, expecially since more testers are always welcome. Check it out here:

http://www.multicamserver.com/en/membersonly/issues

Not every single feature is working yet but the basic stuff is very solid. Rumor is that there will be a new build available for downloading early next month.