Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

problem with IP
By: AlexanderR
Topics: 6
Added: 06/13/2008 - 05:47 PM

I have made my webcam working very well.The configuration is the same like it has my friend here Domeniko.His works very well but my not.The problem is when the IP changes every day,in window for host name don´t stay localhost,but the old IP number.I have tride to scrive localhost and save,but it doesn´t works.When I scrive new IP number it works again.
I have had till now 2.2.3 version and now I have upgraded to newer 2.2.4
Help,I don´t want to do that manualy every day.
By: JohnMy
Topics: 30
Added: 06/13/2008 - 06:05 PM

localhost:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx will only work on the AbleCam Server machine browser.
"Your machine name":xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx will work on machines on your private local area network. You need have your router port forward the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port to the correct local machine running the AbleCam web server normally a static local IP address. And you need to have a static IP address from you IPS for your router or find some way to have your routers dynamic IP address resolved on the www.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/13/2008 - 06:36 PM

Alexander,
if you check 'AutoHost On Startup', AbelCam will fill in the correct IP number every time you start up the web server.
Added: 06/14/2008 - 02:27 PM

I have check Autohost on startup,but today again the same.In this moment network has changed my IP number,and abelcam program has not changed it so the camera is not on-line.Huh?Cry
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 06/14/2008 - 02:36 PM

Do you use a router? If so, can it be configured to work automatically with a Dynamic DNS service? If so, you can configure the router and the service to automatically update things when your IP changes. You could be something like "alexander.no-ip.org". Then instead of using Auto Host you can set up AbelCam (once only) by hand using your "alexander.no-ip.org" instead of an actual IP address.

If you don't use a router you may still be able to do this by using some client software provided by the Dynamic DNS service. The concept is that "something" must sense the IP change and tell the DNS service about it. Doe not really matter if that "something" is software or a router.

This can be rather tricky to set up, but once it is working it is completely automatic.

Edit: Hi SSE! I think we were typing at the same time!
Added: 06/18/2008 - 03:31 PM

I use router siemens se555 or something like that,and dyn dns which normally must change my ipwhen is already changed from internet,but it doesn´t works.Neader is ip in abelcam program changed,and also not in dyn dns.When I change it manualy,webcam works again.Help me please,I don´t understand really this sistem.What can be the problem?
Added: 06/18/2008 - 06:07 PM

I think it might be that your ISP is giving you a new dynamic IP address often. Who is your Internet Service Provider and what kind of network connection do you have. Dial-up, Cable,DSL etc. If your IP address changes every time you connect to the Internet your ISP might offer a Static IP option. When you start AbelCam use the Web tab click on autohost see if it plugs in you current Internet IP address the address your router has it is your outside world wide web address your local machines have private address 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. Also use AbleCam Web tab and check listed the use http://www.multicamserver.com/en/cameras to see if www.multicamserver.com sees your camera and has captured a frame.
You can also use http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to see what your world wide web address and can test if the port you are using for AbleCam is open to the outside world.
Added: 06/18/2008 - 06:16 PM

Also you router has to be configured to pass Your AbleCam port to the correct local machine. Routers use dynamic IP address for local machines also. You need your local machine to have the same local IP address all the time or you will have to re configure your routers port forwarding every time you local machine local IP address changes. You should be able to set up a static local IP address for your Abelcam machine something like 192.168.1.99
Added: 06/18/2008 - 06:26 PM

One more if your AbelCam machine is running a firewall and it should be to help protect it from outside attack. The firewall needs to be configured to allow the AbelCam program to connect to the outside world and allow the outside world connect to AbelCam
By: JohnWe
Topics: 0
Added: 07/14/2008 - 12:48 AM

I keep getting an error that my port is closed. it open till i start the abel cam software.
what am i doing wrong
Added: 07/14/2008 - 10:02 PM

You need to open the port in your Firewall (You should be running behind a firewall) and if you have a router set up port forwarding to the correct local machine. Al the information is in previous appends here. Including some ISP block ports 80 and 8080 unless you buy a business plan from them. In that case you have to change the port AbleCam is working on or buy a business plan from your ISP.