Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Need Help connecting to internet.
By: BenR
Topics: 0
Added: 02/29/2008 - 06:43 PM

Ok, so ive added a camera and configured it. But, i need to put it on the net... HOW?

I dont understand all the URL's:
Server URL
Picture URL
Cam URL

You've gotta help!!!
Thanks!
Huh?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/29/2008 - 07:08 PM

Hello Ben

did you have a look at the Help Page?

For a Starter, click 'AutoHost' to get your IP Number inserted and then 'Reset to Default URLs'
This will create a working configuration (if your router/internet connection is letting requests in).

To test, check 'Listed' or have a look at the Redirector Page
By: BenR
Topics: 0
Added: 03/01/2008 - 05:17 PM

I think im having trouble letting the router letting requests in. I believe its something called port forwarding? I think i need help with this. I'm using a BT Voyager 2091. if you can help with this, it'll be great!

Thanks, again Wink
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/01/2008 - 08:59 PM

AndrewG pointed this site out to me once and I find it useful. You should check it out; it has how-to info for doing forwarding on most popular routers.

http://portforward.com/guides.htm

I can't help you with specifics for your particular router because I don't have the same one - and every brand/model is a little different.

Speaking in generalities, you need to select a port to open up to the Internet (the "outside port"). Port 80 is "standard" but many people use 8080 because their ISP blocks 80. Then you need to set up the router to forward the ouside port you chose to the machine & port that AbelCam runs on.

If you use 80 as your outside port, and AbelCam is running on Port 8000 on a computer with the IP address 123.123.123.123, then you must set the router to "Forward outside Port 80 to inside Port 8000 on 123.123.123.123"
By: BobH
Topics: 2
Added: 03/08/2008 - 05:17 PM

I have just started using AbelCam and although I am able to send an image to my website using FTP the image is corrupted with blocks of colours overlaying the image. The locally saved image is perfect. I am probably missing something very simple but any help would be appreciated.
Added: 03/09/2008 - 06:45 AM

Bob, a lot of people had FTP issues with the latest release. Check out THIS THREAD for the whole story and what they did to get it working.
By: BobH
Topics: 2
Added: 03/09/2008 - 11:13 AM

From MelvinG:
Bob, a lot of people had FTP issues with the latest release. Check out THIS THREAD for the whole story and what they did to get it working.

Thank you for the THREAD which has at least told me that I am not alone.

I have done a few tests here as follows, stopped the local file saves, increased the ftp upload to 5 minutes, checked receipt of latest file at website, open file remotely in Coffee Cup (file still corrupt). I am used to ftp-ing as I use Weather Display so I know the score here. What I am not sure of is the term PASSIVE. I have Passive checked in Coffee Cup. So I then started the local save again and used Coffee Cup to upload the Abelcam jpg to my website. The image is perfect via this method.

I am not sure where this leaves me now. Is it the lack of PAssive Mode in Abelcam that could be the issue here?
Added: 03/10/2008 - 03:54 AM

I'm probably not the best person for fielding FTP questions since I don't use it very often. It looks like most of the guys that do use FTP are over on the issue tracker rather than in this forum, so if the following idea doesn't solve the problem I'd suggest that you post on the thread I linked earlier.

There's an option in the AbelCam config file that you can manually change to force the program to use an "alternative" FTP routine. Whether or not it supports Passive Mode I can't say for sure, but it seems to have solved the same problem you described (at least for some people).

Here's what SSE had to say about it:

in config.xml, there's a parameter ChilkatFftp which by default is false.
Try setting it to True and try again - you might get different results.

So if you haven't already tried it, give it a go and if it still doesn't work I'd say you should either post on the issue tracker thread or maybe send a PM to the people that are active on that thread.