Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

"Use Cam" and "Video Server" switches continually shut off
By: DenisT
Topics: 1
Added: 01/09/2008 - 03:28 AM

The title pretty much sums it up. I've set all of the paramaters and saved each screen. I return to the camera config screen and check the "Use Cam" and "Video Server" boxes and save again. 10 minutes later I check on the camera and these boxes are shut off. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/09/2008 - 08:07 AM

Hello Denis

I have no idea what camera you are using, but I have seen this behaviour with Logitech Cameras.
Updating the driver to the latest version cured the problem.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 01/12/2008 - 01:01 PM

Also, I have had problems where certain Logitech drivers will quit talking to AbelCam when the screen saver comes on or the user locks the computer. This happens on some systems but not others, with no apparent rhyme or reason. I've heard that updating drivers or choosing a different screensaver has helped in some cases.
By: StevenO
Topics: 13
Added: 01/12/2008 - 05:53 PM

I don't have the problems with the "Use Cam" and "Video Server" boxes, but I find the "Save Caption" block under FTP is always unchecked when I select the FTP tab. Even when I methodically go through and "save" each page for each tab I have selected and then selected "save configuration" from the pain page. I have installed both logitech and microsoft cameras on the systems, so I can't shed any light on the possibility of it being one manufacturer or the other.
No big deal in my case. I just make sure that anytime I config a camera, I go to the FTP tab and reselect the "save caption" block and save.
By: BeatH
Topics: 5
Added: 01/13/2008 - 11:29 PM

it looks like it is a config-file save problem.

As logged in the debug file

23:04:24 Save cam.xml
23:04:24 Save ptz.xml
23:04:24 Save vserver.xml
23:04:24 Save ftp.xml

new files were written but not with the updated new values.
By: CarlosTr
Topics: 0
Added: 01/14/2008 - 12:14 AM

how works video server?