Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

ptz on local webpage
By: MichaelMc
Topics: 0
Added: 12/08/2007 - 01:37 PM

I run an Apache 2 webserver at home. I have to use port 39800 because my isp blocks the normal ports. I can access the page from outside my network without a problem. I have a page with a still pic updated every 30 seconds.
I would like to allow the user to reposition the camera by clicking on the pic.
Is this possible?
Thx.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 12/09/2007 - 03:07 PM

You could try using the links found on the PDA pages yourip:39800/pda/cam.html?cam=0 At the top of the page are the links up down | left right | home. If you link to those that could give remote control.
Andrew
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 12/10/2007 - 01:45 AM

Or for that matter you could just use the code for click-on-pic pan/tilt that's in the sample Javascript page (the plain HTML one not the Ajax one). Look at the function "imgClick()" which is defined in the <head> of the page.
By: MichaelMc
Topics: 0
Added: 12/25/2007 - 01:53 PM

Tried the PDA page and I can access that with no problem, but still no movement... I have basically just copied and pasted the contents of the wwwroot dir from the ablecam directory to my htdocs directory. Is this not a usable configuration?
Thanks
By: StevenB
Topics: 11
Added: 02/06/2008 - 04:06 PM

Michael,

You can look at the page I created and if interested I can give you the code I used to create it.

Goto www.rhl61.com then select Engine still cam to see that example or select Engine live cam to see that example. It sounds as if that is what you are looking for.