Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

web admin
By: MikeAo
Topics: 2
Added: 11/08/2007 - 06:45 PM

Using pro version
Problem#1: I have set an admin password, but I still can't get to the web admin interface. I don't see a directory called "server-admin" in the wwwroot directory, and the machine is not open on port 8080.

Problem#2: when windows loads, I recieve an error popup "AbelCam 2.2.1 is running already". I hit ok. I recieve that same message everytime I try to launch teh abelcam mgmnt shortcut "C:\Program Files\AbelCam\". I have to stop the service, before I can load the management.

That's what Ive run into so far...still messing with all the features.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/08/2007 - 06:53 PM

#1: the folder server-admin is not on the file system, but handled within AbelCam.

If the webserver is configured for port 8080 and that port is not open on the machine, either AbelCam or its web service is not running.

#2: Maybe you have enabled AbelCam as Service AND checked Autostart in Web/Options?

I recieve that same message everytime I try to launch teh abelcam mgmnt shortcut "C:\Program Files\AbelCam\". I have to stop the service, before I can load the management.
I don't understand that. Management Shortcut??

Don't run as service until you have fully configured AbelCam, or run it with the UI
see also Help File
By: MikeAo
Topics: 2
Added: 11/08/2007 - 07:07 PM

Yep, #2 is fixed as plainly outlined in the help file. As for #1, I wasn't aware that the web-admin was internal to AbelCam, so it in fact uses the same port. That is also fixed now. Ok back to messing around...thanks SSE.