Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Access internal network resources through AbelCam
By: RobertB
Topics: 14
Added: 08/13/2007 - 10:31 PM

Hi Stefan: Everything's still working just fine but I have a question. Since I have to run the AbelCam web server in order to access the web cam from the internet and I am running another web server as I mentioned, is there a simple and cheap way of doing link translation like what is available in Microsoft's ISA package? What I mean is to have a link on my main webserver's page to the AbelCam server on another computer connected on the internal network. This would allow me to close these additional external ports from the outside.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Robert
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/14/2007 - 05:22 AM

Hello Robert

I guess you're looking for something like the Proxy Feature.

Try it - if it is that what you are looking for, let me know how to rewrite that help section so it can be found more easily.
Added: 08/14/2007 - 05:52 PM

Hi Stefan:

Wow! You've thought of everything. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Best regards,

Robert
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/03/2007 - 06:32 PM

Robert, did the Proxy Feature do what you wanted?
Added: 09/12/2007 - 12:44 AM

From sse:
Robert, did the Proxy Feature do what you wanted?

Unfortunately, Stefan; the answer is no. I have a separate server that I use for all my web pages (home automation, weather station, other security cameras) that I also wanted it to direct incoming requests to the AbelCam server. What I apparently need is a reverse proxy. There is apparently a freeware one called IIS Reverse Proxy that I've downloaded but haven't tried it yet. I'm wondering if I should be concerned about bandwidth issues on the server if it's routing streaming data internally via this reverse proxy. I admit I don't know what the ramifications are yet.