Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Video with Sound
By: RoberrtB
Topics: 0
Added: 07/23/2007 - 04:55 PM

Hello AbelCam Brain Trust:

I am currently evaluating AbelCam (thanks, Stefan) with my Lxxx Orbit MP and I think I have it set up correctly for the most part. However, one capability eludes me and that is sound. If I use any of the other web page options besides Windows Media, I get no sound. However, if I use the WMV server, I get sound but lose ptz. Is there I way I can "have it all" {video, sound(-2way preferable)and ptz}?

Thanks,

RB
By: RobertB
Topics: 14
Added: 08/12/2007 - 12:58 AM

Hi, Stefan: <In a Larry the Cable Guy Voice> Frin "Got 'er done. All I need to do is to purty it up a little bit."

Thanks for all your's and Melvin's help.

Best regards,

Robert

By: JohnMy
Topics: 30
Added: 06/19/2008 - 07:08 PM

Robert I know this is an old thread but I cam across it and I thought I give it a go. I know very little about HTML but that does not stop me from hacking. I hacked the videostream.html and added the PTZ java controls abelabs and abelzoom without any problem. Just pasted part of the java\index.html example into videostream.html. The delay is quite long because of the buffering. I also hacked the javascript ajax.html and replaced the javascript stream with the embedded media player from videostream.html. The HTML in ajax.html is beyond my knowledge. I had to turn off the file information the controls and status bar just show the media player image. The PTZ slider work and surround the image. You can not click on the image like the javascript to position the camera. You can double click the image to switch to full screen but you loose the sliders till you return to window mode with ESC.